#Car #rental #in
Car rental in
Car Rental in the USA with Sixt
Our US Rent a Car Services
No matter if you have a long list of exciting places to visit or just want the flexibility for spontaneous adventures, a car rental in the USA is an ideal solution. We’re located at major airports as well as convenient downtown locations. Our diverse set of car categories can cater to a wide range of mobility needs and our fleet features a large selection of up-to-date vehicles from some of the best car manufacturers in the world. Thanks to our attractive rates you can get a first-class driving experience behind the wheel of a Mercedes-Benz or Cadillac, and even have the chance to ride in iconic models like a Ford Mustang. You can tailor your rental car with add-ons and extras as well.
Which vehicle class is right for my trip?
- Compact cars are an economical and practical choice for city travel. Their smaller size means easier navigating around town and finding parking spaces in historic cities such as San Francisco.
- Sedans are a great option for inter-city travel and longer journeys. Their extra comforts and amenities can help keep you relaxed and enjoying the ride. While on a longer vacation, it’s easier to make the most of your time by visiting Miami, Orlando and Fort Myers!
- Sports cars and convertibles are a fun way to add some excitement to the drive. A convertible is a perfect companion for cruising coastal highways like Florida’s A1A, while an exotic car is a stylish way to explore world-class cities like Atlanta or Las Vegas.
- SUVs are the side-kick you want for adventures in national parks or on a beach vacation. With ample room for passengers and gear they keep short and long trips simple with their versatility. Rent a pickup truck in Texas to explore Dallas and San Antonio in comfort.
- Minivans allow you to bring extra luggage along hassle free and give you a reliable, and safe means of travel. Passenger vans that can seat up to 15 are available at some of our US branches.
What to Do in the USA in Winter 2019
The United States offers a winter activity for everyone. You can soak up some sun, enjoy some snow, or simply visit places that are otherwise too warm. Large cities like Washington D.C., New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago offer an array of activities in winter like museums and holiday celebrations. Head to Colorado, upstate New York, Vermont or New Hampshire for skiing. And those in need of some winter sun can go to Hawaii, Florida, California or the Gulf Coast for some mild weather, although it might not be warm enough for the beach. You can even view the northern lights by going to Fairbanks in northern Alaska and then taking a tour further north. No matter where you are going in the US, we have the right vehicle to meet your needs!
Popular Car Rental Branches in the US
USA Car Rental FAQs
What documents do I need to rent a car?
The renter and all drivers must present a valid original driver’s license upon pick up. There is no minimum amount of time that a driver needs to have owned their license.
Renters in possession of a driver’s license from outside the US will need to present a valid passport or a valid government-issued ID card in addition to their driving license. Driver’s licenses printed in a non-Roman Alphabet (Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Cyrillic etc.) must be complemented by an international driver’s permit. For driver’s licenses from countries not part of the international driver’s license treaty, an official translation of the license must be presented with the original license.
Car Rental Under 25 in the US
With a small daily fee, young drivers can benefit from our car rental deals across the US. Drivers must be at least 21 years of age and drivers under 25 can rent specific models only. More information will be made available during the booking process.
We accept all major credit cards including American Express, Diners Club, Eurocard/MasterCard, Discover, Visa, and Airplus. The name on the card must match that of the renter and should be presented upon collection of the rental vehicle. Debit cards are accepted when renting non-luxury vehicles and require additional identification. We do not accept any prepaid cards, Visa Electron Cards, electronic use only cards, Maestro Cards, checks or cash. More information can be found on our Payment Methods page.
One-way Car Rental
With our USA car rental offers you can plan the trip you want with services like one-way car rental and flexible rental arrangements. A one-way car rental in the US allows you to pick up a rental car at one branch at return it to another Sixt location. Select routes within California and Florida are free of charge.
Sixt vehicles may only be driven inside the continental United States with the exceptions of British Columbia and Ontario, Canada. For information regarding crossing state lines please refer to our Rental Information page.
TIP: It is generally cheaper to rent a car at least three months before any high season. Free cancellation up to 24 hours before collection is almost always possible, but is dependent on the chosen tariff.
US Driving Tips
There might be different rules and regulations on US roads then what you are familiar with. In addition, laws vary from state to state so make sure to inform yourself of the specific rules of wherever you will be driving your Sixt rent a car. Here are a few basic driving tips:
- School buses: It is prohibited to pass a school bus in either direction when it is stopped.
- Four-way stops: Drivers proceed in the same order as they arrived.
- Emergency vehicles: In most states it is mandatory to change lanes or reduce your speed when an emergency vehicle is stopped on the side of the road.
- Legal speed limit: The speed limit in the USA ranges from 55 mph to 75 mph on highways, be sure to obey the designated speed limit signs.
- Traffic lights: It is generally allowed to make a right hand turn on a red light, unless indicated otherwise.
- Seat belts: Drivers and front seat passengers must wear seat belts, but it is a good idea to oblige all passengers to buckle up.
Places of Interest
A car rental in the USA from Sixt is a great way to get around comfortably and conveniently. There are miles of scenic roadways waiting to be explored and incredible natural landscapes to be experienced. You can spend time in the Great Lakes, the colorful deserts of the Southwest, or the historic areas along the Eastern Seaboard. Our airport car rental locations throughout the US provide a convenient way to start off your trip. You can pick up a premium rent a car at our airport branches in top vacation destinations including Orlando and San Antonio, Texas.
Top Architectural Sights:
Built in 1962 the Space Needle has become a symbol of both Seattle and the Pacific Northwest. Visitors can take a 41-second elevator ride up to its observation deck which sits at a height of 520 ft. The 102 story Empire State Building was the world’s tallest building for 40 years and is a strong example of Art Deco architecture along with the Chrysler Building. Both skyscrapers are classic sights which make up the Manhattan skyline.
Top Natural Sights:
One of the most famous natural landmarks of the US is the Grand Canyon and makes a fun road trip from Las Vegas or Phoenix. The awe-inspiring site is 277 miles long up to 18 miles wide and over a mile deep. The South Rim is the most popular viewing point and is open year-round, but visitors can partake in all kinds of activities at several different locations. Yosemite National Park’s well-known Half Dome is a granite dome whose crest rises almost 5,000 ft. above the valley floor and is a popular spot for rock climbers looking for a challenge. The three waterfalls that comprise Niagara Falls straddle the state of New York and the Canadian province of Ontario, together they form the highest flow rate of any waterfall in the world with a vertical drop of more than 165 feet.